Our TraceKeep team has gone through over a dozen publications and researchers to collect the most interesting highlights of the recovery of the travel industry. Here are some of the most interesting findings:
- Consumers are 218% more likely to want to take a trip where they can relax compared to before the pandemic, and nearly two thirds (59%) report they would prefer to go somewhere off the beaten path versus a popular destination post COVID-19.
- Consumers say they are 148% more likely to visit beaches when travel restrictions are eased, an attraction where consumers are able to not only relax but practice social distancing.
- With 70% of travelers saying they’ll plan and book in advance, detailed information about experiences online has never been more critical.
- The vast majority of consumers surveyed — almost 85% — said their travel decisions will significantly depend on communications they receive from hotels and airlines about safety.
- However, 40% of consumers said they are unsatisfied with the communications they're currently receiving about safety protocols.
- 31% of consumers admitted that contact tracing available for at risk individuals has a significant influence on travel destination choice. They are more likely to select destinations that are past the peak of COVID-19 infection and have adequate contact tracing and hospital capacity.
- Consider that 81% of respondents say how well a brand responds during this crisis will have a huge impact on their likelihood to buy that brand in the future
- Consumers used the pandemic stage to spend more time on trip planning. More than half (53%) say they’ll do detailed research when planning their next trip post-COVID.
- Reservations for Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s stays are already up 38%, 40% and 23%, respectively, compared to the same time in 2019.
- When they can travel again, consumers are looking for de-stress as they want to treat themselves to a special experience. Since now, the price wouldn't play the key role in travelers' choices, they would take into account a lot more than just price. Properly advertise unique elements of your property or special offers that will appeal to potential guests’ desire for an exceptional experience that does not compromise on safety.
If you are interested in defusing the fear factor in potential travelers and drive bookings - contact us, we would be happy to help!